Investment banking and capital markets
Get investment banking advice on capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financial restructurings and more. Learn more‡
Securities and markets
Gain access to the financial markets through our equities and fixed income sales and trading services, supported by a comprehensive set of capabilities including clearing, alternative investment solutions and market risk management.
We provide institutional clients, alternative asset managers and large corporations with a comprehensive approach to the sales, trading, structuring, and execution of a wide variety of financial market products, including bonds, equities, market-linked products, clearing services and risk management.
Our integrated service model supports the trading, financing, liquidity access and market-making needs of institutional investors, corporates and distributors and covers the full universe of U.S. stocks. Our continually expanding platform delivers a range of equity, equity-linked and structured products and services with superior execution and a customer-centric focus.
We provide resources and services to leverage trade flows from one of the nation's largest distribution networks providing access to customised execution and support for:
- High-touch cash trading
- WATS® Equities Electronic Trading
- Exchange traded funds
- Structured notes
We understand the challenges and opportunities that today's investors face. We are focused on helping our clients manage risk, simplify their investment process and optimise return. We provide access to the fixed income markets and insightful strategies for a broad range of clients who manage all or a portion of their own investment portfolio. We serve financial institutions, asset managers, corporations and public entities of all sizes around the globe.
- High Grade and High Yield corporates
- Access our High Grade and High Yield debt capital markets platform that offers extensive origination, trading and sales capabilities.
- Use sector-specific High Grade and High Yield research to help make informed investment decisions.
- Asset Backed Securities (ABS) — Gain access to both consumer and commercial asset-backed securities, including those backed by credit card, auto, student loan, container and railcar receivables, among others.
- Commercial Mortgage–Backed Securities (CMBS) — Our team is the no. 3 bookrunner in the U.S., and we also trade extensively in the secondary CMBS market in both agency and non-agency.
- Residential Mortgage-Backed Security (RMBS) — Access secondary and new issue mortgage markets, including Wells Fargo home mortgage pools. Our active trading desk provides access to agency and non-agency RMBS, including Pass-Throughs, ARMs, CMOs, CRA-eligible securities and whole loans.
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) — eligible MBS trading — We are also a leader in CRA-eligible FNMA, FHLMC, and GNMA securities. Our dedicated and experienced team of CRA pooling and trading experts helps clients understand the CRA market and build strategies for attaining their goals.
Wells Fargo Securities1 delivers high-quality execution and clearing of futures and options to institutional customers globally2 and provides:
- Direct market access and algorithmic trading strategies for self-execution of futures and options
- Customised clearing services
- 'High-touch' voice brokerage for futures and options
- Single point of contact across products
The benefits of our offering include:
- Experience and service: Our high-touch customer service is comprised of a team of experienced industry professionals, in both front and back office, who provide the expertise to engineer solutions tailored to customers' needs.
- Technology: Our stable infrastructure was built from the ground up based off customer requirements, thus allowing us to be flexible in our offering
- Clearing: We are members of key global clearing houses3 and leverage our strong operational and risk management expertise to deliver global clearing support
- Execution: We provide direct market access4 through both voice brokerage and algorithmic trading strategies. This allows customers to execute futures contracts from the global market open on Sunday through the global market close on Friday and provides direct access to trading floors specialising in multi-exchange, multi-asset class execution
- Reporting: We help customers manage exposure and gain efficiencies through robust reconciliation and trade lifecycle-based reporting
1. Execution and clearing of futures and options on futures along with clearing of over-the-counter derivatives is offered through Wells Fargo Securities, LLC ("WFS"). Execution and clearing of futures and options is offered through Wells Fargo Securities International Limited ("WFSIL").
2. Wells Fargo provides clearing services to various types of customers including banks, insurance companies, corporations, hedge funds, and institutional asset managers. In determining whether to offer clearing services to prospective customers, Wells Fargo considers objective criteria including, without limitation, the customer's investment profile, financial health, customer's status as an Eligible Contract Participant (as such term is defined in the Commodity Exchange Act), legal character, industry reputation and the relevant legal and commercial terms.
3. Memberships are held by Wells Fargo Securities, LLC. WFSIL does not currently hold memberships in any exchange or clearing house.
4. Access to global exchanges is provided either through direct memberships or through third-party carrying brokers.
Execute electronically across a variety of asset classes and trading venues.
Consistently ranked as one of the largest providers of corporate bond liquidity on the street, our strategies offer customers access to:
- High grade corporate bonds
- High yield corporate bonds
- Preferred stock
- Money markets
We offer Institutional connectivity through: Bloomberg, MarketAxess and Tradeweb; Retail connectivity through TradeWeb Direct, KCG BondPoint, MuniCenter and NYSE.
Customisable algorithmic execution across the full USD equities universe supporting single stock, portfolios and pairs trading as well as Market Making abilities in USD names. We connect to all U.S. exchanges and 15 dark pools. Our desk works with customers to design efficient trading strategies that respond in real-time to changing market conditions and can be customised to individual needs.